As New Year's Eve is still around the corner and many of you are still in the holiday hazy fun food and drink phase, I've decided to share my definitive #1 trick for avoiding that notsogood 'day after fun' feeling. It also happens to be an excellent tool for digestion in general and for whitening teeth!
And unlike my last, epic blog 5 Cold & Flu Care Faves, I'm keeing this pithy as possible because I don't want to take a single extra precious minute away of your family and friend time. I've made the key copy bold and brown!
#1 Holiday No Hangover* Fave (*from fun food and drink):
Activated Coconut Charcoal.
Bulletproof Upgraded Coconut Charcoal
Key Tips to Remember:
For my definitive list: Fave Ways to Avoid Holiday Hangovers and a link to stock up with all the items on the list at the bottom of this post.
More scoop on coconut charcoal below courtesy of Bulletproof.com:
Time tested for over 10,000 years, activated charcoal is the world’s oldest detoxing remedy. For centuries, charcoal has been used in Chinese Medicine, Ayurvedic Medicine, and Western Medicine as an absorbent agent to many poisons and intestinal issues.
Fast Detoxing for Better Digestion & Rejuvenation!
Activated charcoal is a highly absorbent material with millions of tiny pores that can capture, bind, and remove up to 100 times the charcoal’s own weight in toxins. Just four capsules of Upgraded Coconut Charcoal has about the same surface area as a football field, which makes it ideal for removing potentially toxic substances from your digestive tract. The porous surface has a negative electric charge that attracts positively charged unwanted toxins and gas so they can easily leave the body.
Toxins from low quality, processed food, and environmental pollution are a real problem. It is important to help your body eliminate them to promote a healthy digestive system and brain. Chronic exposure to toxins produces cellular damage, allergic reactions, compromised immunity, and more rapid aging. Regular use of activated charcoal is easy on the colon and can remove unwanted toxins from your body, leaving you feeling renewed and more vibrant, often in minutes!
Try it even once and you’ll feel a difference!
Why Upgraded Coconut Charcoal is the Best Available Charcoal
Common charcoal tablets come in ineffectively small doses or inconvenient, messy powders, and are typically made from substandard (often unidentified) materials that are cheaper than our pure coconut shells.
The ultra fine and highly purified Upgraded Coconut Charcoal uses acid washing, a more expensive extra step that removes toxic heavy metals that are a problem in many preparations of charcoal. The finer the charcoal grains, the better it works. Upgraded Coconut Charcoal is so fine that it required a new method to packing its ultra fine grains into capsules without damaging the manufacturing machines. This added step results in charcoal with the most surface area to create maximum adsorption.
Charcoal is proven to bind to mold toxins and many other organic poisons that may be present in the environment and in the body.
Use & Ingredients
Because activated coconut charcoal is mainly used to remove toxins from the body, it is great to use when consuming food of unknown quality, eating out at restaurants, or drinking alcohol. If you are feeling moody or suddenly tired, activated charcoal can act as a detox and get you back in the game faster.
Toxicology studies show activated charcoal to be harmless, not interfering with sleep, appetite, or well-being. Everyone responds differently to different doses, so to avoid potential undesirable effects such as constipation, please consult your doctor and use only as suggested:
As always, please share your feedback with me in the comments section below! And if you found this blog helpful, please share with your friends! xoMB
Find more of Magen's hangover prevention tips in her Holiday Hangover Faves.
You asked, so I’m sharin’ my fave finds for meltin’ off the excess fat & stress from 2013.
Many of my best tricks and tools are in this list which is why they’re all in my 2014 Mind Body RE BOOT programs.
1. Try Intermittent Fasting: NOT NEW but finally becoming mainstream. It’s simple, it works! Combine with HIIT for a winning combo.
2. Eat Fermented Foods (1/4 cup w each meal) or easier, take 2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar before every meal: No it’s NOT a new concept either, but I started using it daily in 2013- so do my clients and it works!
3. Read Grain Brain: My new bible. Written David Perlmutter, a neurologist, it's an easy read. Made #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list because of the life changing information it contains. I’ve been recommending Dr. Perlmutter's advice in my RE BOOT food protocol for years, but sometimes reading the research and recco's from an MD is much more compelling.
4. High Intensity Interval Training/HIIT: 3x a week, short & sweet, just 7 x 30-second intervals and within 25 minutes you’re done. Not a new concept but the recent research is definitive and it’s now an integral part of my personal and RE BOOT exercise protocols.
5. Workout Tunes: Because you need great music to get you through the intervals:) See my “MB Move & Melt Faves” Spotify Playlist under my username magenbanwart.
STRESS MANAGEMENT/WAYS TO EASE MIND AND BODY
6. Tapping/EFT: Looks weird but easy to do and it works.
7. My Fave You Tube Ted Talks and other, inspirational speeches: I like to turn one of these on when I’m , filing, makin’ lunch or sittin’ in my Yin stretches. Listen to while getting ready in the mornin’ to silence the monkey mind and motivate you to be great all day! Watch HERE.
We’ve updated our most popular blog and are sharin’ these faves again!
MAGEN'S LOVES BLOG
Stay in the know and ahead of the health and fitness research/trend curve with Magen's latest fave tools, tips, places, practitioners and solutions for conscious, healthy living.