FAV WAYS TO RENEW MIND AND BODY AND TO HAVE A HEALTHY, 2015.
"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Mahatma Gandhi
1. Choose three words.
I'm over New Years Resolutions and I'm into focusing on how I want to feel and be in this world. So this year, for myself and my RE BOOT participants' final year end exercise we chose three that reflect key themes or values we want to embody in 2015. These three words will serve as guideposts along our continued journey towards optimal mind & body health and will underpin the daily steps we take toward our goals. And so far, it feels really good. So before you set more resolutions and new life goals, start with the three words.*
My three words are:
1. Balance: To me being balanced to me means to have a sense of well-being, steadiness and stability in each of the three main areas of my life.* This is a blog in and of itself and chapter in the book I’m writing. And it’s something I think we chase all our lives. I mean this in both a longing and a striving way.
2. Mindful Living: Mindfulness is something I’ve been practicing since I was 15 and started studying the Buddhist traditions. And we work on incorporating mindfulness into every aspect of our life in my RE BOOT program. Mindful living to me refers to all aspects of my life from how I breathe, eat and think to being mindful of what motivates what I say and do, to how I say and do it. I strive to be as honest, kind and compassionate to myself and to everyone with whom I come into contact so that we can all live more authentic, fearless and happier lives. So we can avoid needless suffering.
3. Scale: A focus on how I can extend my actions and output personally and professionally to reach further and ultimately serve more people. It is clear to me that my life needs to be mostly about service for me to feel balanced and happy.
To be balanced to me means to have a sense of well-being, steadiness and stability in each of these main areas of my life:
Balance is about the ability to keep perspective, tune into the Sage and silence the Saboteurs in the mind more than you don't. I believe balance is the ability to make decisions that support your mind and body -from the food you eat, the thoughts you think, to the people with whom you spend most of your time - at least 80% of the time. I call it the 80/20 rule.
2. HIIT-High Intensity Interval Training: OK, this is not new for us, I’ve been preaching about this way or working out that lets you spend less and get better fat burning, cardiovascular and overall results. This longtime tried and tested fave of mine is now becoming a “2015 trend”.
3. Intermittent Fasting: We really like this one because you don’t even need to change what you eat if you choose not to, just the time you eat and you can have more energy, lose weight and feel mentally clearer upon rising.
4. Organic Chicken Bone Broth: I already mentioned this in the Fall but worth repeating, I LOVE this natural remedy for repairing GI distress to enhancing your immune system and helping you feel better overall. I personally use and have in my Mind Body RE BOOT protocols 8-12 ounces 2x a day. It’s satisfies so much more than my beloved green juices in the colder months. You’ll be hearing a lot about this one if you haven’t already, it’s another rising superfood trend you were clued into before the masses:) I need to be VERY clear here, (sorry vegans, this may gross you out) it takes 24 hours to simmer all the nutrients from the bones. And they must be bones from organic, outdoor raised, hormone & antibiotic-free (happy) chickens to have the highest nutrient value. So that stuff in the boxes on the shelves at the market will not work.
5. Manage your mind: Two Bells & Yin Yoga I’m really into the idea of growing your brain’s gray matter, turning into your mind’s Sage more often than your Saboteurs other wise known as increasing your Positive Intelligence, peace and overall happiness in every possible way. New research out of Harvard Medical School proves that we can do this by practicing any type of meditation for a total of 27 minutes per day. The simplest meditations that I’ve found are Two Bells breathing and the practice of holding even just one Yin Yoga stretch. What are you waiting for? Download the bells now and click HERE for three, simple stretches and/or sign up for my next Yin class.
6/26/2021 04:20:54 pm
This is another testimony on how Chief Dr Lucky cured my HIV disease. Do you need a cure for your HIV disease? Do you want to be cured from your cancer disease? Or you want to be free from any type of disease. Kindly visit https://chiefdrluckyherbaltherapy.wordpress.com/ . He just cured my HIV disease and I’m very grateful to him, he is the only herbalist that can cure you.
Leave a Reply.
MAGEN'S LOVES BLOG
Stay in the know and ahead of the health and fitness research/trend curve with Magen's latest fave tools, tips, places, practitioners and solutions for conscious, healthy living.