Celery Hemp Seed Soup
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- 12 stalks celery, ½ inch slices
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 cups purified water or vegetable stock
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup parsley, rough chop
- Heat the coconut oil in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the leeks, salt, and black pepper. Sweat the leeks for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the celery and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the stock. Bring to a boil, covered. Lower the heat, simmer 10-15 minutes, lid partially covered.
- In batches transfer the soup to a high speed blender. Add the hemps seeds and lemon juice. Blend on high until completely smooth.
- Stir in parsley and season to taste. Transfer to a BPA free storage container.