BAKED TURKEY-SPINACH BURGERS
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf spinach, thick stems removed, leaves chopped (about 2 1/2 cups when chopped)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground lean turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a Pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- Combine spinach, scallions, garlic, turkey, and cumin in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Using a fork, mix gently just to combine. Form turkey mixture into four equal patties.
- Bake burgers in Pyrex dish for 30 to 40 minutes, until burgers are cooked through and a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Transfer to a plate, and serve patties on buns with your favorite burger accoutrements.