Zucchini Pesto Pasta
- 2 cups packed basil
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2/3 cup raw sprouted sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tbsp. yellow miso or sea salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor, fitted with the “S” shaped blade.
- Pulse until the ingredients are roughly chopped.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and pulse until just barley incorporated.
- Transfer to a BPA storage container.
- 2-3 medium zucchini, peel into noodles (use peeler or spiralizer)
- 1 head asparagus, chopped, steamed
- 3 cups spinach, steamed
- Season to taste
- In a large mixing bowl combine zucchini noodles, asparagus, spinach, and pesto. Season to taste adding additional lemon juice and salt.
- Let stand for 10-20 minutes until the zucchini noodles become tender. Transfer to a BPA free storage container.