- Butternut Squash and Quinoa Soup
Skill Level: Easy | Yield: 2 1/2 qts | Time: 50 minutes (stove)
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsps thyme leaves
- 1 small butternut squash, halved, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed well and drained
- 2 qts vegetable stock 1/4 cup instant wakame
- Warm oil in a heavy bottomed stock pot, stir in onion, celery and garlic. Saute until fragrant - about 3 minutes. Stir in thyme and continue cooking about 3 minutes. Stir in butternut squash, and continue sauteing a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa and vegetable stock and simmer, covered for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in instant wakame and continue to simmer a further 5 minutes, then serve.