You asked, so I’m sharin’ my fave finds for meltin’ off the excess fat & stress from 2013.
Many of my best tricks and tools are in this list which is why they’re all in my 2014 Mind Body RE BOOT programs.
1. Try Intermittent Fasting: NOT NEW but finally becoming mainstream. It’s simple, it works! Combine with HIIT for a winning combo.
2. Eat Fermented Foods (1/4 cup w each meal) or easier, take 2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar before every meal: No it’s NOT a new concept either, but I started using it daily in 2013- so do my clients and it works!
3. Read Grain Brain: My new bible. Written David Perlmutter, a neurologist, it's an easy read. Made #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list because of the life changing information it contains. I’ve been recommending Dr. Perlmutter's advice in my RE BOOT food protocol for years, but sometimes reading the research and recco's from an MD is much more compelling.
4. High Intensity Interval Training/HIIT: 3x a week, short & sweet, just 7 x 30-second intervals and within 25 minutes you’re done. Not a new concept but the recent research is definitive and it’s now an integral part of my personal and RE BOOT exercise protocols.
5. Workout Tunes: Because you need great music to get you through the intervals:) See my “MB Move & Melt Faves” Spotify Playlist under my username magenbanwart.
STRESS MANAGEMENT/WAYS TO EASE MIND AND BODY
6. Tapping/EFT: Looks weird but easy to do and it works.
7. My Fave You Tube Ted Talks and other, inspirational speeches: I like to turn one of these on when I’m , filing, makin’ lunch or sittin’ in my Yin stretches. Listen to while getting ready in the mornin’ to silence the monkey mind and motivate you to be great all day! Watch HERE.
MAGEN'S FAVES BLOG
Stay in the know and ahead of the health and fitness research/trend curve with Magen's latest fave tools, tips, places, practitioners and solutions for conscious, healthy living.